Lal Kitab: An Astrological Marvel
Lak Kitab is the type of astrology in which one can calculate and know about his past, future and can change his future according to his will. Lal Kitab is a mysterious book that is originally written by pundit Roop Chand Joshi. It is written in Urdu without the element of punctuation and sounds Greek to a layman. Poetical verses interpolated with philosophy and hidden nuances of destiny form the core 'farmaans' of the book. Book contains 1097 pages. The solutions and remedies given in Lal Kitab are very effective. Some of the remedies given in this may look odd in this modern age but if performed accurately and at right time, right days, and right period then it shows miraculous results and it changes the life. Most of the problems are cured and they never arise again. Even if remedies are not performed perfectly there is no harm adverse effects.
Lal Kitab, originally published in urdu language, enshrines such effective astrological principles and remedial measures that it has rightly been termed as "The Wonder Book" of Astrology.
The science of palmistry too has been explained in such an exquisite manner that each of the 42 divisions of the human brain have been related to the different houses of a man's birth chart in such a scientific manner that the sketch of the human brain reflects accurately on the lines of the palm. On the basis of these lines of the palm one can draw the actual horoscope of an individual and can do the placement of planets in various houses of the birth chart. The date of birth and the birth ascendant can be found out by reading the lines and mounts of the palm, which means that an individual's accurate birth chart can be drawn by seeing the lines of his palm. Similarly, by studying the different aspects of a man's residential house his birth chart can be accurately prepared on the basis of the sutras explained in the Lal Kitab.
In addition to the above, Lal Kitab has announced unique remedial measures to solve chronic and critical human problems in day to day life. These measures do not require the practice of ordeals, yagnas, havans and other complicated and expensive rituals, which prove more troublesome for persons who are already in trouble because of the evil effects of certain planets. These measures are again different from Yantras, Mantras and Tantras, which give various adverse effects if not followed rigorously in all their minute details. The measures suggested in Lal Kitab are electrically effective in solving all kinds of human troubles and tensions, without inflicting harm on anybody i.e. these remedies are completely self defensive against the evils created by the planets without causing injury in anyway to anyone concerned.
The first part of this great treatise contains the principles and Sutras for interpretation of horoscope, termed as "Vyakaran". The birth chart of an individual is prepared like the traditional Parashar principles, but the only important difference is that the Rashis are not considered or taken into account for predictive astrology and, therefore, the digits indicating the Rashis in a traditional birth chart are scrapped. Secondly, for predictive purposes the ascendant is treated as the first house and it is regarded as the house of the first Rashi, i.e., Aries and counting progressively in a sequence up to the 12th house being that of Pisces.
The specific principles of predictive astrology as per Lal Kitab are better summed up here as follows
1. The Sun as lord of the 5th, the Mercury as lord of the 3rd and 6th, the Jupiter as lord of the 9th and the Saturn as lord of the 10th are directly or indirectly in some form or the other are the Karakas of the father and his property. But the Jupiter and the Sun, Jupiter and Mercury or Jupiter and Saturn occupying any house jointly carry no relevance to the knowledge about father or father's property at all. Even Mercury and Sun, Mercury and Saturn or Sun and Saturn also sitting together behave in the same manner.
2. If two or more inimical planets are occupying a single house, they will not behave as enemies. But it does not mean that they do not affect the influences of each other and show their own results of being in that house independently i.e. their conjunction does not affect their individual results.
3. Friendly planets together occupying a house become extremely friendly and help each other in producing good and auspicious results.
4. The 7th house is regarded as the Pucca Ghar (permanent house) of Mercury. If Mercury is placed in the 7th house of a horoscope, even the powerful planets like Sun, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn occupying a Kendra, 2nd or 11th house can not affect the health of the native adversely.
5. If a female planet is placed in any house along with Saturn and both are being expected by any other planet, then the expecting planet will become afflicted and affect adversely the persons and relatives of such expecting planet as Karakas.
6. In general, all planets in their Pucca Ghar, own house or exalted house give good results. A planet in inimical house or in a house of debilitation gives bad results. If a planet is not placed in his Pucca Ghar and the same is occupied by a planet inimical to such planet, then that planet will destroy the good results of the house in which he stands placed.
7. While examining a horoscope, the 1st, 7th, 8th and 11th houses must be examined together as they are mutually interested. The planets in the ascendant is treated as a ruler and the one in the 7th acts as his minister. The planet in the 8th is the eye of that ruler, whereas the planet in the 11th house is the ruler's foot. More planets in the 7th house than the 1st house shows that the ruler does not have required control over his minister. If the planets in the 11th house are inimical to the planets in the first house, then they will not obey the command of the ruler i.e., the results of the 11th house will be adversely affected. The planets of the 8th house (eyes) guide the planets of the 7th house (minister) and control their actions and effects. If the planets of the 1st and 8th houses are friendly, then the planet in the 7th house can not play any mischief. Mars in the 7th is considered to be highly conducive for gaining large property. But if mercury is in the Lagna, it will destroy the properties. It will be destroyed because of the foolishness of the native, because here the Mercury being in the first house is Karaka of the native. At the same time if the Mercury is in the 8th house, it will again destroy the properties, but here the reasons for destination will be unknown and invisible, because the active elements of the 8th house are always secretive and mysterious in nature over which the native has no control. Similarly, if the planets of the 1st and 11th houses destination are friendly, they will control the planets of the 7th house. If they are inimical, the results would be bad. The planets of the 1st house aspect the planets of the 7th house. If they are mutually inimical, then the bad results accrue because of the foolishness or unworthiness of the native. The planets of the 8th house aspect the planets of the 2nd house and thereby affect their results.
8. 2nd, 6th, 8th, 12th and 11th houses must also be examined simultaneously as follows :
9. The 3rd, 11th, 5th, 9th and 10th houses must also be examined simultaneously as follows:
To know and understand about what Lal Kitab
says or prescribes, one has to be familiar with the way astrology
works. It is said that - based upon ones past karma, one is
born into a certain constellation of planets or "grehas".
Each planet is based upon its nature and its placement casts
some effect on the life of the individual. The effect may be
either positive or negative and its magnitude may also be different.
Lal Kitab also gives various remedies to check such negative
effects. The nine planets can be likened to nine different colored
lights placed at varied distances from a screen. The screen
can be analogue to human life ; the net intensity and colour
of illumination on the screen is a complex function of all individual
lights. There may be a yellow light that is bright but far and
a red light that is equally bright but nearer - the effect will
be reddish. Here red corresponds to malefic Mars, while yellow
to benefic Jupiter. If we wish to make the screen yellowish
and life better, I will strengthen the yellow light, say by
wearing the yellow sapphire and at the same time, place a opaque
filter before red light (by propitiating Lord Hanuman, the deity
Mars represents). As a result, reddishness will decrease and
yellowishness will increase, making life wealthier, happier
and better. Upayes or remedies of this book are pure photographic
techniques. The ancient astrological science is a replete with
solutions which start from prayer to chanting mantras. In the
Parashar school, stress is on japa, tapa, mantra, and yantra,
etc. The Lal Kitaab has simpler solutions revolve around temples
and its deities - temple here is meant in a secular way and
any place of worship may be used beneficially. The nine Lumanaries
are powered by the nine corresponding divine Gods : Sun is Vishnu,
Moon is Shiva, Mars is Hanuman, Jupiter is Bhrahma(not Bhrahm),
Venus is Lakshmi, Mercury is Durga, Rahu is Saraswati and Ketu